Helpful Tips To Use These Maps
• These maps detail every documented R.E.M. live show, tv and radio performance from 1980-2008 featured on the other pages of this site. It does not include side projects or individual band member appearances with other performers (maybe one day!)
• For best results select Full Screen mode. The menu can be selected using the top left icon - all dates can be found there.
• On the 1980-89 and 1990-2008 maps you can toggle individual years on or off. For example, you can select just to view shows from 1985 by unticking all other year boxes. There are 2 maps due to limitations of Google Maps layers (limit of 10 per map).
• Clicking on a show will reveal information about that date. Scans of setlists, tickets, photos from shows and YouTube videos are provided for some shows. More will be added in due course. If the date has a picture up the top it can be clicked on to reveal more.
• For venues where 2 or more performances have taken place, only the most recent performance will display when clicking on the map. The other performances can be accessed by clicking on the date in the left hand side menu
• A complete 1980-2008 timeline map is also available - it does not contain any layers so individual years can't be toggled on or off. It also does not contain any photos or YouTube links.
• The maps can be zoomed right in to street level - the majority of venues are their exact location. There are a very small number of places that due to the venue's relative obscurity in history, finding the exact location has proved difficult (mostly shows from 1981-82). In those circumstances approximate locations have been used. We're working on it though!
All Years (no layers)
1978/79/80 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987/88 | 1989
1990/91 | 1992/93/94 | 1995 | 1996/97/98 | 1999
2000/01/02 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019